How To Care For Synthetic Heat Style Hair Extensions
Heat style instructions
You can blow dry, iron or curl these extensions as you would with normal hair. Take care to use a low-heat setting to avoid damaging the hair.
- Use a pick comb or your fingers to remove any tangles
- Mix a mild color safe shampoo and cool water in a bowl and dip your hair extension into it. Swish it around in the water
- Rinse off the soapy water well so no residue remains
- Dab it with a towel or cloth to remove excess moisture
- Let the extension hang dry or use a blow dryer on a low heat setting to dry it
Caution: Do not brush or comb the hair when it is wet as this can cause the hair to be pulled out
Follow the same steps as washing it using a detangling conditioner
Combing out tangles
Use a wide tooth comb and comb gently.
Trim frizzy ends
If the ends start to frizz, trim them. It will refresh your extensions and extend their lifespan.
After some time, your extensions may start to look dry. Give them back their shine by rubbing a light weight oil such as Jojoba oil onto them. Leave it for an hour and then blot out any excess oil. If necessary, give them a gentle shampoo.